Janos Meets Cafe 54
- Thank you to everyone who attended the inaugural Guest Chef Dinner. Guests complimented Janos Wilder and the Cafe 54 staff for magnificent, locally-sourced food; beautiful plating; excellent service; and elegant dining room. We look forward to making the Guest Chef Dinner an annual event!
A special thank you to the businesses who supported this event:
- Downtown Kitchen & Cocktails
- Community Partnership of Southern AZ (CPSA)
- Finley Beer Distributing
- The Rumrunner
- Prudential Overall Supply
- Tucson Party Rentals
- Discount Flowers
- Reproductions, Inc.
What is Café 54?
30 years ago we began thinking about employment for individuals with chronic and persistent mental disorders. We then started thinking about what kind of venue could accommodate these individuals; a unique environment where people could come with the skills they have and start working. What came out of this is Café 54, an award winning employment-training program where people gain confidence, regain employment, become tax paying citizens, and realize that they can, and do, work.
- To assist individuals with mental illnesses become independent, tax-paying citizens.
- To provide trainees with the tools they need to recognize and utilize inherent talents and skills.
- To provide the restaurant community with a pool of reliable employees who have had training and first-hand experience working in a quality restaurant setting.
- To reduce and ultimately eliminate the stigma surrounding mental illness by shifting focus from disabilities to abilities.
Funding provided by the Community Partnership of Southern Arizona, Rehabilitation Services Administration, and private donations.